Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pretty, Happy, Funny and Real: A Retrospective

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life--this concept is perfectly aligned with my ideals.

A flower arrangement from my sweet neighbor--goldenrod, boxwood, purple weeds.  Create beauty with whatever you've got!  


This makes me happy: a flaming sky over the pond and hay field.


We celebrated the end of the first week of school last month with a water balloon war.  I filled up every balloon I could find in the house, put them in a dishpan, armed my son with a soaker-gun and we went at it.  He was a happy boy that day.  



My laundry counter has looked like this for far too long; my husband claims it began two weeks ago when we provided six days of care to my sister after she had major oral surgery, but I know the truth. The truth is that everything went downhill once school started in September and our busy autumn schedule began!  I keep washing and drying clothes, but the "folding and putting away" part seems to have stumped me entirely for several weeks now.  I shall prevail!


And one more thing that is pretty, happy, funny *and* real: 15 years ago today my husband and I were married! I will attempt to add a photo soon--we got married in the days before Digital Everything.  An anniversary is a wonderful reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment