Friday, November 20, 2015

Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Dinner Menu (the Abbreviated Version)

After road-tripping for a few days we are in Charleston, my home-away-from-home, for a long weekend with my father and stepmother.  He broke his back in October and cannot travel for Thanksgiving, so we surprised (stunned! shocked!) him yesterday by showing up on their front porch.

Tonight my husband and I are planning to treat my father and stepmother to a Thanksgiving dinner.  It's an abbreviated version since it's just for six people, and my parents are at Mepkin Abbey with friends for part of the day enjoying the Creche Festival (an annual tradition), and we'll be poking around the city.....but still, it promises deliciousness.

*Brined and White-Wined Turkey (my stepmother cooked it yesterday!)
*Sweet Potatoes with Pecans--my own concoction which we all adore
*Green Beans
*Butternut Squash and Kale Gratin We didn't make this--we rolled into the house at 5pm and I cut it from the menu! I will probably make it for Thanksgiving next week.
*Mashed Potatoes--a concession for Finn, who loves them
*Kale & Apple Salad with Candied Pecans--it's amazing, trust me
*Rolls
*Chocolate Pie with whipped topping, because the men here prefer it to pumpkin

Everything is gluten-free except the rolls.

Now we are off to walk the peninsula and work that dinner off in advance!


No comments:

Post a Comment