Friday, January 1, 2016

Good Fortune and Prosperity (and Pevensies)

Tonight we had a black-eyed pea stew (a sort of elevated hoppin' john) + crispy kale chips + brown rice + tilapia. We all did forgo something...my husband forewent the fish, I forewent the brown rice, and the children (who apparently have little interest in luck) forewent the black-eyed peas.  

But between the four of us, we will have communal good luck and prosperity in the new year!

And tonight we celebrated the eighth day of Christmas with a family movie: "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."  May I just say that I think that movie is wonderfully-cast?  

While we followed the adventures of the Pevensies, I feather-stitched the binding onto a dress I am making for Annie: an Anna (from "Frozen") dress, hand-stitched entirely out of old jersey scraps.  On the home stretch now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment