Tuesday, June 14, 2016

In Christ Alone

One of my family's all-time favorite songs is "In Christ Alone," which we sometimes sing at church, and often listen to at home.

This morning I saw a link to this version of the song, which was performed by Christina Grimmie. I didn't know who she was before last week. She was an up-and-coming singer who was murdered after a concert last Friday.

With that singular tragedy preceding the enormous tragedy in Orlando only a day later, the song resonates with and ministers to me, and perhaps if you are suffering, it will minister to you, too.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
this is the power of Christ in me, 
from life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,
can ever pluck me from His Hand,
till he returns, or calls me home,
here in the power of Christ I stand.

(There are lots of versions of the song, but this is the one my husband likes to play for us! I love Christina Grimmie's version as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment