Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Cold and Busy Week

Oh it is getting cold, cold, cold here. My husband reports that tonight it'll be 15 degrees, and we got our first few inches of snow over the weekend.  I realize this isn't cold if you live in, say, Finland.  But it's cold enough for me.

This is the Busy Week: the pinnacle of December.  It started with violin recital on Sunday, moved to piano recital last night, continues on with a full week of normal lessons (art, ballet),  hosting friends on Thursday, a meeting on Thursday night, a Christmas program to attend on Friday night, my sister's birthday to host on Saturday, and our church Christmas play (which my husband writes, directs, and acts in every year, and our children act in as well) on Sunday night.  Somewhere in there I must clean out the fridge, send out Christmas cards, continue ticking off the baking, run lines with Finn b/c he has the main part in the play, wrap my sister's birthday gifts, acquire sushi rice (don't ask!), buy nylon strings for the guitar........

I have visions of curling up next week by the tree with a cup of peppermint mocha coffee and a blanket and a book and Alice {she's the cat} but I have to jump through a thousand other hoops first. 

Still, it's a beautiful and wonderful time of year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment