Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Whirlwind

What a week! The forsythia is beginning to bloom and I already have yellow daffodils blooming in the front flower bed.  Tulips are coming up, day lilies are coming up, and I even have a budding hyacinth.  


Where's winter?! 

We usually have at least one or two big snows but we have barely had anything this year at all.  I miss Big Snow--the thrill of waking to a blanket of white, the inevitable sledding down our neighbor's hill.  We have had a couple of blizzards in March before, so we'll see.....maybe winter will give one more last hurrah. 

My days are full now that my husband is back at work and I'm attempting to settle into a more "normal" routine.  Therefore, I'm delaying my next post on my "daily dozen" habits until next Monday.  I barely have any breathing room this week, and I feel pinched.  

In the midst of it, I'm still trying to exercise, eat well, rest (I'll admit nighttime sleep is more elusive this week than I'd like...sigh), and teach my children.  Oh, and sometimes I practice violin with the front door wide open and the gorgeous spring-like fresh air streaming into the house......

but alas, not today.  

Maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Getting fresh air in the house is the best. Practicing violin along with that sounds like a tremendous experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful, Polly! My mother was what we called "a fresh-air fiend" and always had the doors and windows open no matter what the temperature was!

    ReplyDelete