Sunday, April 22, 2018

Spring Rush

This was me a few Easters ago, taking photos of my children.  My niece took this picture!


The photo doesn't have to do with my post; I just like it and haven't transferred any photos to my laptop lately, so I don't have any photos to post here, although I feel that I take loads of pictures.

Here's my Intagram feed where I share occasional photos. 

What's happening here lately?

First of all, I'm blindingly busy.  I haven't lost my cool over this for two reasons: first, everything winds down by the end of May (I'm so glad!); and second, it is never far from my mind that instead of dashing my children to soccer, piano, co-op, art, scouting, and ballet, I could be driving my husband to daily radiation treatments in the city.  Remembering that puts it all into perspective for me. 

Even so, I'm looking forward to summer.  This summer we may do swim lessons, but that is it!  We are intentionally carving out a summer that is as free of obligations as we can get.  (And next school year I am already intentionally re-scheduling our days to avoid this busy-ness again...I hope.)

Second of all, even when I'm home, I'm hopping.  Between exercise, taking care of meals, staying on top of the laundry, trying  to keep the house manageable, practicing violin, and (oh yeah) homeschooling the children, I rarely stand still. I try to take a little time each day to relax either with a walk on our farm or a few quiet moments with a book.  

Third, as always, I'm working on trying to balance my own goals (exercise, music, gardening, cooking, housekeeping) with the needs of my children (read-alouds, talking, playing, school)...it's the hardest thing for me.  I constantly have to check myself to be sure I'm not pushing my own agenda too hard....and most of the time I believe I am. Of course all of my own tasks need to be done, but I want to be sure I'm not doing them at the expense of my children.  Such a delicate balance!

I plan to keep writing about my Daily Dozen habits.  I'm not faithful to write a post every week, but I'm enjoying writing posts in my head as I drive around town and wash the dishes, and it's only a matter of time before I'm able to sit and type them!

Life is extraordinarily busy but also extraordinarily good.   

1 comment:

  1. I write posts in my head all the time!
    You know as I read this post I was thinking how even at my season of life, nothing has changed. I still feel as you do and I wonder if it will always be this way, or is it because I still am a full-time homekeeper/ homeschooling mother? With no complaints, yet even this morning I prayed the Lord would provide His parameters on my time and His limits on all of life's duties.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete