Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Relax and Smile

During this time between surgery and radiation I am busy getting my house in order.  Lately it has rained here, so I haven't had the opportunity to finish mulching my flower beds.  I'm working inside the house on rainy days!

Two days ago I hung a painting and a framed note in my bathroom


I would like to frame the painting someday, but for now it will hang unframed.  It's a beautiful original oil painting that I found in a local thrift shop a couple of years ago.  I think I paid $3 for it.  


This little handwritten paper is something I found in my grandmother's piano bench when we inherited her piano last year.  I love it!  I think it must have been a prayer that she read aloud in a gathering or meeting sometime; I particularly love her note to self at the top to "relax and smile" (because isn't that an important thing to remember in motherhood?).  I set it aside after I found it and knew I'd frame it one day, and that day came this week.

I like to read it while I brush my teeth--a little twice-a-day inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment