Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Autumn Means Sage and Pink

For me, autumn is about the colors sage and pink.  (But I do still put out orange pumpkins--on our deck!)

I took this photo on an 8-mile hike with my husband on our 20th anniversary weekend "staycation."  Moss and leaves, so beautiful to my eye!


On the porch, this translates to lots of cream, with bits of sage and pink.


I took this grapevine wreath we had in our garage and added some pink flowers....I am not good at wreath-making, but I can do something simple like this! And I like the simple look better anyhow. 


The pillows I used here this summer were patterned with blue and green. I covered them with neutral covers and I love, love, love how it calms my eye when I look outside. 


Peachy and white mums, galvanized buckets (we've had them forever), sage pumpkins, the asparagus fern, and the old guard dog.  I think I'd like to put new shutters or something around my front windows, but I'm not sure what yet.


I am trying to read out here as much as possible before the weather gets cold....I just love the colors of the porch in fall. Simple and pretty.  The porch is old and nothing to write home about, but it's not hard to make it into a cozy spot for tea drinking and chatting with a child.  The other day I couldn't find Annie, and she was out here with a book!  

We're all loving it....even old Bosco!

2 comments:

  1. Totally sweet! I love pink and sage, too. Such beautiful colors of nature. Your porch is so cosy and inviting. I would love to sit there and drink tea with you so we could have a long chat. xSusan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inviting porch. But that adorable senior dog takes center stage in my mind. I am a dog mom of several fur babies and can't imagine life without a dog or handful of dogs. Perfect porch for a sweet old pup.

    ReplyDelete