Friday, October 16, 2020

Fancy Hair

 I can't tell you what a treat it is to have a daughter who loves so many of the things that I love.  

Annie and I share a love of pretty things,* of flowers, of gorgeous old-fashioned dresses, of beautiful rooms, of babies, of flowers. Our similarities are intense; sometimes I imagine my mother laughing from heaven, because she used to tell me "one day you will have a daughter like you, and you'll understand what I mean!"  

Because in addition to these lovely traits, Annie is also like me in her drive, her stubborn nature (I remind myself that being obstinate can be a very good thing if you're obstinate over the right things), her impatience with inefficiency, her argumentativeness, her inability to ever be wrong.  My poor mother!  She was very laid-back, a "type Z" personality.  I am pretty type A.  So is Annie. 

I just love her to pieces!  Even with her (our) flaws, I can see so much potential in her personality, and I know from experience that she will likely mellow out one day. I sure have!

One thing we also love is pretty hair.  We created this intricate-looking hairstyle not long ago.  It's not at all hard, but it took a while to do all the pinning. 


Here are a few more fun styles....

A "figure 8" bun--


A French braid on one side that we pinned to go all the way around....


...and that's as much of Annie as you will see, since I have a hard and fast rule about my children's photos on the public World Wide Web.  I think showing the back of her hair doesn't violate my firm rules. 

So many things are happening here!  The leaves are turning and falling.  We celebrated our 21st anniversary, and my in-laws' 50th (we were married on the same day, October 9th!), with a lovely dinner at a local French restaurant (the first time we've eaten at a restaurant since February).  Our always-dry basement had some seepage below the baseboard, so our contractor came on Tuesday and removed drywall so we can identify and fix the problem--and I have a furniture delivery scheduled for that space in only a few short weeks (yikes!).  My father-in-law was diagnosed with prostate cancer this week, and we are hopeful that his treatment plan will be effective. We just finished our 6th week of the school year, and it has been a wonderful year so far.  I have tweaked and shuffled a little along the way, and as a result, we have the nicest schedule.....

So there's time and space for doing things like Fancy Hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment