Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Fifty Years Hence

 The painting over my Dad's mantel in Charleston was done many years ago from a photograph he took about fifty years ago from the village of Rockville, which sits at the end of Wadmalaw Island. This boat is floating in Bohicket Creek.  In the distance there's a line of trees--that's Seabrook Island, before it was developed. 


When we were at Seabrook last month, we walked out on the marsh behind the house where my family was staying.  My cousin pointed out the little houses across the marsh are the collection of old homes at Rockville. 

I stood there on the marsh and looked over and tried to picture my Dad on the opposite shore, a tiny dot from half a century ago, aiming his camera my way.

I see you and I love you, Dad.  Always have and always will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment