Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Simplest and the Best

Hosanna, loud Hosanna, the little children sang; 
through pillared court and temple, the joyful anthem rang;
to Jesus who had blessed them close folded to His breast,
the children sang their praises, the simplest and the best.

Today my husband stayed home with Annie (she had a cough) and I took over his Sunday School responsibilities; that is, I taught five little boys...until one became violently ill all over the carpet and tile.  Then I taught four little boys. 

Later in the service those boys and I handed out palm branches, and we had our annual Palm Sunday processional.  The triumphal entry! I love it every year. 

 Tonight my son called me into his room after I tucked him in.  Have you ever seen a miracle? I love his tender heart, his deep desire to believe. We talked about it for awhile.  I told him I loved his questions, loved that he's thinking.  A long hug and he was off to sleep.

And now Holy Week begins, in all its wonder and mystery and violence and beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment