Saturday, May 30, 2015

Running Away

My in-laws are treating us to a week at the beach.  I am a devoted homebody, but this year I am actually looking forward to 'running away.'  An exhausting couple of weeks with a yard sale, a fairly involved and emotionally-draining situation involving neighbors who have disputes with each other (staying neutral, trying to show kindness to everyone and not taking sides takes a great deal of emotional energy),  a few important church-related meetings for my husband and me, a smattering of routine doctor's appointments, and two bouts of chickenpox....and I am looking forward to a week of sunshine, sand, books, pool swimming, salt water, and handsewing. 

I plan to be mostly incommunicado for the week, and hope to come back refreshed and ready for summertime!




1 comment:

  1. Gosh - chickenpox is hard going. Hope you have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete