Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Peaceful Week

I am thrilled to report that the Crazy Busy First Week of December is over and things look much calmer from here on out, in terms of obligations, places to be, meetings, etc.

In the midst of it, at some point, I made myself a big pot of tea and had a couple of squares of chocolate.  



The pause, as they say, that refreshes. 

See the cardinal?  Our neighbor gave a set to us--salt and pepper shakers. At first I was underwhelmed, but Annie loves them. She added them to our Advent candles-greenery-makeshift-wreath.  Now I am enjoying their presence!


Tonight Finn had his piano recital. He played "Jingle Bells" and we played a duet on "Oh Come All Ye Faithful."  He did a wonderful job! My husband and I narrated our first of four Christmas Cantatas last night (the first is always the trickiest...will the costumes be okay? will the microphones work? But it went great!).  

So now we begin a more peaceful week, and I'm so very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment