Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A New Year, A New Term (and Poems for Red-Letter Days)

Sunday night I thought "I am not ready for school to start again!"  Well: I was mentally ready.  I'm ready for routine and predictability, and early mornings with coffee (instead of late nights), and academically I'm ready (new checklists! yeah!), but domestically....not quite.  In my ideal world my house would be at a state of total perfection when school begins.

But life moves on whether we are ready for it or not. I didn't get all the laundry washed last weekend, but I did get to make our poetry list for the term!  I love Poems for Red-Letter Days (by Elizabeth Hough Sechrist), a book of poetry that takes us through the year (poems for everything--from seasons to Presidential birthdays and beyond...including noteworthy weeks {Be Kind to Animals Week? Got you covered}).  

Poems-for-Red-Letter-Days-Compiled-by-Elizabeth-Hough-Sechrist-1951-with-DJ

I'm delighting in all the poems we will read this winter and spring.  


No comments:

Post a Comment