Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Salad

My husband is the king of caramelizing onions in a cast-iron skillet, and he made some today for his lunchtime sandwich.  I eat a salad for lunch every day, but I wanted some of those onions! So I took a few generous spoonfuls and put them on my big bed of (red leaf) lettuce, added some pecans and a tiny sprinkling of sunflower seeds, and crumbled on chunks of chevre.  Then for icing on the cake I sprinkled on some pink Himalayan salt and raspberry balsamic vinegar.  

Shazam!  That was one good salad. The onions + chevre + raspberry sent it over the top. 

Now it's time for Sunday afternoon: a nap for the mister and creamy coffee and books for me.  (With some intermittent childcare....of course!)

And finally today we celebrate the baptism of Jesus. 

"Here is my servant, whom I uphold, 
my chosen one in whom I delight; 
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will bring justice to the nations..." (1st verse of Isaiah 42)

May it be so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment