Monday, May 9, 2016

Breakfast

My favorite meal of the day....I adore breakfast.  I love the hot beverage + the fresh day ahead + the delicious food. I typically choose either Greek yogurt with sliced almonds and flax meal or scrambled vegetables, eggs, spicy cheese, half an avocado, and a bit of salsa.  I tend to like tea with the former and coffee with the latter. I am particular about my teacups--a thin lip and a foot are musts; this one is my favorite.  I use my pretty silverware and right now I'm using jadeite as my everyday dishes.


Eating a breakfast you enjoy on dishes you like is a way to be kind and gentle to yourself, and a great way to start the day. (I especially like having my breakfast before my children rise!) But I will add that when my babies were actual babies, breakfast for me was a lot less civilized....though I truly miss those squishy baby cheeks and legs. Sigh. 

Every season has its benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment