Monday, October 24, 2016

Sunday Afternoon Hike

Now that the fall weather is *really* here, Sunday hikes are happening!  Yesterday we changed clothes after church and went straight to our picnic spot at the base of one of my favorite mountains, and then we hiked up that mountain.  It's a 1.5-mile steep ascent.  I hiked it so much as a teenager and young adult that I feel I know every nook and cranny, but hadn't hiked it in at least a decade!

Our children were such troopers. It's not an easy hike--there's no real "level" place.  They didn't complain a bit, and Annie hiked so well that she left older hikers in the dust!  

But it's worth the cardiovascular exertion once you get to the top.  

Looking east to the flatlands......


Looking northwest to the gentle mountains.....


I don't have any photos of the southwest where the Real Mountains are!

And here's my favorite hiking buddy.  He's the best. 


We are so grateful to be able to enjoy this little tiny pocket of God's great big beautiful world.  

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I so miss the mountains (grew up in the mountains of VA), and lived in western NC for 11 years, and while it's always beautiful there, fall is just delightful.

    ReplyDelete