Saturday, May 20, 2017

It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better

This afternoon my husband was watching me sew in our schoolroom with the poor task lighting and various school supplies around me.  He suggested we move our elliptical trainer out of the laundry room and set up a "real" sewing room for me. 

I thought for about 2 seconds before saying yes!

My laundry room currently holds all of my sewing stuff--and that's a lot of stuff. Fabric, notions, pillow forms, patterns, my dress form.  But my machine was in the adjacent schoolroom. It's not far away--just a matter of a few feet, really.  I just had to run back and forth while sewing.  Somehow having everything in the same space feels both luxurious and efficient!  I spent the evening setting it all up, but haven't sewn in my new space yet.  

Because you know how it goes: move two pieces of furniture, and rearrange other stuff. I'm also preparing for a book sale and have boxes of books stacked in the basement. Whew! It's going to be organizationally so much better once it's all done, but as my husband and I reminded each other this afternoon...when it comes to rearranging rooms, it gets worse before it gets better.

Hot bath, bed, and Sabbath rest will rejuvenate me.  

(And in the midst of it, I went through my vintage patterns and chose the size 6 patterns.  I have at least a dozen darling little patterns to choose from for Annie this year from my grandmother's collection.  I'm excited!)

No comments:

Post a Comment