Friday, August 11, 2017

An Ankle-Length Back-Wrapping Vintage Apron Embroidered with a Singing Chicken

Yes, for real!

Some time ago I acquired lots of yards of sturdy red fabric at the thrift store for a few dollars.

The fabric reminded me of a vintage apron pattern I already owned, McCall's vintage butcher apron pattern.  


Around that time, we'd recently acquired our chickens and I was learning how mucky and gross chicken chores are.

Also around that time, I had an itching to embroider something. 

Behold, the ankle-length apron featuring a singing chicken!


Sometime I'll try to get a better shot of the embroidery, but I'm working with a six-year-old photographer. 

It's the funniest thing I've ever sewn.  I love it. 

And sure enough, it keeps me totally covered and clean when I'm tending the chickens. 

On a related note: we got our first eggs this week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I remember seeing that in pattern catolog back in the olden days!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete