Saturday, August 12, 2017

Morning Glories Conquer the Porch

The morning glories have conquered the porch. This is *maybe* one-fourth of the glorious tangle, and they're climbing the columns now.  The porch is magical.


They all came from one little morning glory Finn brought home in a cup last year.  I trained the sprouting babies up the porch rail this spring.  

The cherry tomatoes are also volunteers. We get them each year in the front flower bed; apparently they originally came from some heirloom tomatoes we ate and a seed found its way into the dirt in front of the porch. They are among the most delicious tomatoes I've ever had and I look forward to them every year. 

I love sitting on the porch in summer.  It reminds me that if I make space for the unknown, I can end up with something beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment