Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Best Christmas Present Ever

Yesterday my husband had his PET scan.  We left the hospital, walked to the parking garage, and drove to the restaurant five minutes away where we were going to have lunch.  We pulled into the parking spot and my cell phone rang. My husband's physician had already called the nuclear medicine department and read the scan!  And it was clear!  The only cancer that was indicated on the scan was the spot that we already know about in his mouth; it has not spread to any other place in his body.

Hallelujah!

{husband, 40+ years ago}

This news is huge, as it means that it's highly unlikely that my he'll have radiation therapy.  The only way he'll have to have it now is if a lymph node dissection shows microscopic cancer (too small for the PET scan) in his lymph nodes.  We believe that's unlikely.  

Learning that his cancer has not metastasized was the best present I could get this Christmas.  My gratitude is immense.  It truly feels like a wonderful gift!

2 comments:

  1. Glory to God in the Highest! Giving thanks to God with you!
    Linn

    ReplyDelete