Monday, June 4, 2018

'Twas the Night Before Surgery.....

I'm not faithful on this blog right now as I'm a tad distracted by my real life but the essence of my news is that my husband's tongue biopsy came back negative yet again (!) and his lymph node biopsy indicated "suspicious" cells, so it's time for surgical biopsies. 

A patient who had cancer several months ago....a PET scan that lit up on the tongue and neck....a mysterious mass on his neck....this looks like a recurrence, right? Obviously, right?

But the doctor still hasn't found it, even after 3 different types of in-clinic biopsies, and the only way to know for sure is to have surgical biopsies.  In the morning the doctor will do a very deep tongue biopsy and cut along my husband's original neck incision to remove the mass and have it analyzed. 

Masses of people are lifting up prayers that there is no cancer.  I mean, PET scans can be wrong, or can light up for other reasons.  The mass could be scar tissue or an infection.  We just don't know.  And as long as we don't know, I'm holding out hope and prayers that my husband does not have cancer.  And this surgery, scheduled for 7:15 tomorrow morning, will be the definitive answer we've been trying to find for nearly four weeks.  

The past few weeks have given me countless stories of God's faithfulness and one day I'll share a few, but for now I'll just say that although the past month has been so challenging, I have learned to walk by faith like never before, and have been blown away by the love God has shown to us through situations and other human beings.  He's doing something here, although we don't know what yet.

If you have the time and desire, I welcome prayers for my husband tomorrow.  And I thank you for them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying, Polly! Hoping it's just scar tissue, and that this is the end of all of it for you guys. xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete