Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Unfolding of Things

We escaped humidity for a long time, but this morning when I went downstairs to exercise, the windows were all fogged-up: summer is coming. It gets quite humid in our valley, in spite of the fact that we live in the mountains.  These are muggy mountains!

Would you believe this: we are still waiting on biopsy results?

"...the days through which we struggle, finding no way, but never losing the light, will be the most significant we are called to live." --Robert Collyer

The initial biopsy taken last week came back on Thursday as negative for cancer.  We were all so astonished! And I can't describe the hope that surged in my heart. However, the PET scan had clearly showed activity in the mouth and neck (and my husband has a lump on his neck), so we were back into the office first thing Friday for a deeper tongue biopsy and a lymph node biopsy as well.  Although our doctor expedited those results, we are still waiting for them...the holiday weekend slowed things down.

I literally have no idea if we are spending tonight in our own beds or in another state. Last week I called to get an appointment for my husband at a highly-ranked ENT oncology center for tomorrow.  But without positive biopsy results, we won't go.....

We had a beautiful weekend.  I indulged myself by planting a hedge of lavender around our new patio.  I bought 14 plants at the nursery, but need 5 more.....


...and I also arranged the patio furniture, cleaned the patio, installed two storage benches, and cleaned the front porch.  I love our new patio!  Once the rains stop it will be a lovely place to have supper or to sit and chat.

I found the most perfect yellow rose on our rosebush and placed it on my husband's nightstand.  Then I had to point it out to him because he hadn't noticed.  Ha! Men!


Finally, from a couple of weeks ago, here's the bouquet I took to Annie's ballet recital.  We had the option of purchasing bouquets from $10-$25, but I opted to use peonies, coral bells, blue false indigo, and sage from the yard for free.  


I have the strangest sensation that although we have no idea what we will learn and when, everything is unfolding as it should, in its own time. Like the flowers do.  And wow, let me just say that our doctor and his staff are doing all they can for us and we are so fortunate that they're concerned, proactive, involved.

If you would like to pray, please join us in praying for further negative biopsy results.

In the meantime, I'm taking loads of comfort in the Bible, my husband and children, and our flowers. In the face of the Great Unknown, these are all reliable blessings. 

5 comments:

  1. I was just about to email you and see how you're doing--I'm glad to see an update! I'll keep praying for you guys and hope that answers come soon. :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are lovely!! I'll join in the prayers, so glad to know of the negative results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am adding your hubby to my prayer list. I know from experience that knowing others are praying is a great help and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you are making a pilgrim's progress...

    ReplyDelete