Monday, May 9, 2022

Annie Embroiders

 Annie learned to do a basic embroidery stitch last week: backstitch. It's my favorite stitch because it's so tidy.  She wanted to make a tote bag for her friend's birthday, and I felt that this was an excellent way to continue busting up the fabric stash (it'll take years, friends. years).  I ironed on the transfer; Annie did the embroidery. She did most of the stitching; I did the cutting and logistics (and I boxed the corners).  Her skills are developing nicely, I think!

A banner with her friend's name on the front....


...and an ice cream cone in the back right upper corner....


...and Annie wanted to use the lining fabric as the "top" of the handles.  Really cute!


Well done, Annie!

1 comment:

  1. Annie did an excellent job and the finished product is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete