Friday, February 2, 2024

Shifting Seasons

 We had an eventful January, but it was still a lot calmer than December.  I was so  thankful to get a "recovery month" with no one performing in anything!

We got a bunch of snow that cancelled the local schools all week.  School went on as usual at home, but we loved the view, and the children did some serious sledding--before the biting cold totally set in. I love how bright the valley looks when cloaked in snow. 


Annie broke her foot (by chasing Mr. Bingley on the front porch, no less) and is in a special boot, with taped toes, for now.  This is not easy for a ballet dancer!  She'll be alright. 

Seasons fascinate me; I'm so glad to live in a place where there are four solid, recognizable seasons.  But the seasons of life are the ones that interest me the most.  Things shift and change--sometimes when we're not even looking.  It's like you're buried in folding laundry and suddenly you look up, the leaves are falling, and your son is almost six feet tall. It's just like that. 

For years I've had intuition (I suspect it's the nudge of the Holy Spirit) related to shifts. When I turned 40 I felt a major shift and had no idea what it would entail.  A few months later, my husband was diagnosed with cancer.  Oh, so THAT is what this will entail, I thought. I've felt it at other points in life, too. 

I feel that shift again now.  I'm not sure what is brewing or what direction the shift will take. I just feel like I'm on a ship heading in one general direction, and that somewhere below me the current has changed, and I'm still headed in the general direction I set out to go, but I feel like we're going to get there by a different route.  What is it?  I approach this with genuine curiosity.  I don't fear it, because I trust the captain. :)  I wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment