Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Happy Hymn

Our pastor pointed out today that "Joy to the World" is not actually a Christmas hymn; we sing it as such, but it's a song based on Psalm 98. 

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of his righteousness,
And wonders of his love,
And wonders of his love,
And wonders, wonders of his love.

We had a happy first Sunday of Advent: after church the children played, my husband slept, and I stretched out on the sofa under a blanket with a cup of hazelnut decaf coffee (and plenty of half-and-half) and read a book next to the Christmas tree...for a couple of hours! I also napped and prayed.  This helped refresh, renew, and revitalize me for the week ahead, which is good because the calendar tells me we'll have a houseguest, an Important Doctor's Appointment, a Christmas singing group practice, a playdate, yet another interview with a pastoral candidate, a meal to take to a new mother, two church meetings, and two birthday parties....on top of school and lessons!

I will be ready for my nap by the tree next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment