Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Annie's Al Fresco Spanish (+Azaleas)

 This is our week in Charleston, and I've never been more grateful for technology. Thanks to it, my children can be in Charleston and still (sort of) keep up with schooling.  

Here's Annie doing her Spanish class by Facetime, backdropped by early-blooming azaleas. It was eighty degrees today and we just couldn't resist!

We head back to the chillier mountains tomorrow because my husband has a live interview Friday afternoon from our schoolroom and I need to be there to provide both a laptop and moral support!

Tonight my Dad ate his entire plate of food.  Again. This is an answer to desperate prayers and I am thrilled to sit and watch him eat.  A CT scan today seems to indicate that the tumors are shrinking after only two rounds of chemo.  Given that fact, and the fact that his only side effects thus far are a little fatigue and some thinning hair, we're calling his cancer treatments so far a smashing success.  They buy time--that most precious commodity. 

We are thankful. 

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! I continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. It really is a blessing to spend this time with him, and to see him doing so well!

      Delete