Thursday, July 7, 2022

Our Daily Bread

I've been reflecting this summer on this phrase from the Lord's Prayer: give us this day our daily bread. What is daily bread?  I think it's what we need, when we need it....no more and no sooner.  Like the wandering Israelites, we need sustenance, but sometimes we need even more to rely on God and trust that He will give us that sustenance as we need it. Just enough for today. Just enough manna, or food, or money, or courage, or faith, or strength, or hope.


I would truly appreciate prayers for my sweet Dad (pictured here with me as a baby and my Grandma Polly...as well as my beloved Madame Alexander doll...I still have her!).  

We learned last week that immunotherapy has failed for him, and the cancer is now back in his liver, and has also spread into his abdomen, spine, and brain.  His oncologist started him back on chemo almost immediately, and yesterday he met with the radiation oncologist, because he'll have two weeks of brain radiation to try to lessen the numerous cancerous lesions in his brain. And last night he had to spend the night in the ER due to a bit of cancer-related fallout.

My children and I were due to go to Charleston on July 13th, and still plan to hold to that date, but it cannot come soon enough, and if I need to, I'll leave sooner.  

Whole brain radiation is no walk in the park.  Please pray for this sweet guy.  Give him, this day and every day, his daily bread.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. I continue to pray for your dad (and you and your family).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo! We really appreciate your prayers. They make a difference...I know they do!

      Delete