Monday, March 23, 2015

The Shuffling is Done

I am all finished moving all my sewing stuff to the laundry room.  My sewing items had been spread all over the house: machine and notions downstairs, fabric in guest room, dress form in my bedroom. Now everything peacefully coexists in the laundry room, my machine is set up at the table nearby, and I have already reaped the benefits of this efficient new arrangement by using my folding counter as a gathering-and-pinning-and-button-choosing station.  The tangible reward is a nearly-finished dress for Annie--all I have left to do is make a little sash and pin on the fabric flower I fashioned as an accessory.  I completed the buttonholes and buttons this afternoon and then sat outside on the sunny porch hand-sewing the hem (finished with lace!) before coming inside to make a pot of soup and a batch of pumpkin muffins.

The children and I take a little trip this week, and I hope to finish the sash up on Saturday when we return so that Annie can sport her pink polka-dots on Sunday! But no worries: my sewing comes with me.  While I am away I plan to hem curtains for my hostess and finish my Alabama Chanin workshop project, a creamy leafy scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment