Friday, March 31, 2017

Shades of Green in Early Spring

The unintentional theme for the evening was shades of green: starting with the pale green linen tablecloth, continuing on through the jadeite, and crowned by the bouquet of hyacinth, lavender, and not-yet-blooming snowball bush branches. 


I wandered the yard searching for Something Green to balance out the white hyacinth and more silvery lavender.  Snowballs did the trick. 


For supper I made roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, butternut squash-kale gratin, and for dessert, a cool chocolate pie accompanied with whipped cream and hazelnut coffee.

Takeaways from dinner tonight: 1) I need to perfect my chicken roasting skills (it was okay, but it could have been better); 2) I need to perfect my coffee making skills; 3) three hours is just not long enough to visit with our dear pastor and his sweet wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment