Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Six-Year Master Bathroom Renovation: D-O-N-E!

Our bathroom renovation is finally done!

We have worked on this slowly over the years.

When my mom built this house in 1993, I carefully helped her choose the pink laminate countertops, almond toilets and shower stalls, oak cabinets, and pink-and-cream floral linoleum for the two bathrooms we had.  It was basically all my 16-year-old dreams come true. I loved it.

After my husband and I moved in about 8 years later, I'd outgrown the love of pink laminate, and I began to make plans to change the master bathroom.

Here it is in 2014 when we'd ripped out the original stuff and we were putting in beadboard.  I had also decided to keep the fiberglass shower at that point, because 6 years ago we definitely could not afford tile. 

Later in 2014, our cabinetmaker delivered the new vanity.

Here is a post from 2015 after we had the new plumbing installed.

And that's how things stayed for a long time.  For several years we had everything done except the shower.

The last step was having the fiberglass shower removed and the shower tiled.  It took us a long time to get to that point because we knew we would hire the work out, and that it would not be cheap.  So we had to save and plan.

Before we went to Disneyworld in April 2019, we had everything all planned. I somehow thought it would be done while we were in Florida (ha!), but I was wrong. 

The first steps got done....



And then our tile man had a terrible summer which involved losing a close friend, health issues, and the need for knee replacement.

I had several people tell me I needed to find a new tile guy. But our tile guy is THE tile guy in our area, and I only wanted him to do the job. I had total faith that he would do it once his life settled down, and that once it was done, it would be perfect.


{Work in progress.}

And as it turns out, I was right!


It's bright and beautiful. I love our bathroom!  It's tiny, but all of the white makes it feel so bright and happy. I'm so grateful for it.  

It's all my 42-year-old dreams come true!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice - thanks for sharing. Beautiful shower


    JulyGulf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, ladies! I am just so glad it is finally done! We take our sweet time over here.....

    ReplyDelete