Saturday, March 12, 2022

On the Bright Side

Yes, we're on our fifth straight day of nausea, fevers, fatigue, and tummy troubles. Annie had it the worst; once her stomach settled, she spiked a fever of 104 that did not want to go away, and she barely ate a bite of anything for four straight days. I was awake a lot at night, dithering over her. But this morning she's only left with fatigue--so I'm hopeful that the worst is over for her. She's a tiny thing already, a whopping 66 pounds and in the 10th percentile for her age, so she doesn't have a lot of excess to spare.  I feel compelled to give her lots of avocado and peanut butter. 


Finn is still in the fever stage, although he's at a lower level than Annie, so he's been able to spend lots of time listening to Pride and Prejudice on Audible or reading his travel guide to Cartagena, Colombia.  In fact, Finn is so resilient that in between "sick to his stomach" sessions yesterday, he was engaged in energetic conversations about the member countries of NATO and the EU.  Honestly, I don't know anyone like that guy.  His brain never goes on vacation.  

I've been spared the fever and the nastiest tummy issues--my primary complaints are constant nausea and some fatigue.  But that's okay.  My husband appeared to have escaped it all, as usual, but today he has slept for three hours straight, so we may have identified the next victim.

On the bright side, though!

*I'm working my way through a long book--getting close to the finish line, so I can move on to the next long book.  Reading is my favorite thing, and I don't have an excuse to read for hours every day...unless we are sick.

*We woke to snow this morning. 

*This illness happened during our time at home, not our time in Charleston with my father. (Whew.)

*I will finish my husband's knitted hat before he goes to chillier climates across the Atlantic!

*The farm (pictured above) is cold and beautiful. Just envision it with snow and that's what we're looking at today.

*I felt well enough to get dressed today!  I told my husband that during the last four days, the highlight of my day was showering, because it was Something Different than shuffling around in stretchy clothes and feeling miserable.  Today I'm in pretty clothes.  But still shuffling.

This too shall pass.  


No comments:

Post a Comment