Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Down for the Day

 Annie--and that means Annie and I--woke at 2:38 this morning.  But only one of us got sick to her stomach.

Poor Annie!  All night long I held her between intervals of illness. I was so glad when dawn came: I could get up and justify my coffee.  

So today was all about Annie: give her popsicles, give her Pedialyte, give her a bit of water.  Tend to her needs.  Three showers (they make her feel better).  Hug her.  Sit and knit at her side.  Annie is a very needy person when she's sick, but I can't blame her: she was throwing up several times an hour for most of the day. 

Fortunately her pace has slowed and I'm hoping that tonight we will get more than 4 hours of sleep...and that she won't get dehydrated.  Bless her.  I'm really hoping that tomorrow will involve calories for Annie.

On the bright side, our contractor was here doing framing in the bathroom, and I got several more inches knocked off the knitted hat I'm racing to finish before my husband goes to Europe next month. And Annie and I got lots of cuddles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment