Monday, March 7, 2022

Shoes from Finland

 My son's Karhu shoes (pictured here when brand new) are nearly a year old and falling apart at the seams: I'd say we got our money's worth!  So it's probably time to replace them.  

When he got them, I realized his feet were officially bigger than mine. He was 13. 



We got a real kick out of the fact that these are Finnish shoes. You see, my husband and I spent several weeks in Finland....about 40 weeks before Finn was born. You can do that math!  I loved Finland.  It's beautiful, serene, and clean. When we were there I was training for a marathon, and I did many long solo runs around several cities. I find there's no better way to fall in love with a place than to walk or run--you get such a feel for the people, the landscape, the flora! 

Off my husband goes to Finland again in one month! But this time I don't think he'll bring back another Finn. :)  Maybe he'll bring back some shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment