Sunday, April 10, 2022

Finn in the Spring

 Finn and I take several walks each week. I always learn so much from him!  Sometimes we talk about critical languages.  Sometimes we discuss Chinese architecture.  Sometimes it's all about geopolitical issues; at other times, we're talking about statehood.  We frequently venture into Travel Dreams. Every so often it's about Fibonacci numbers or Thai intonations.  I always tell Finn that he's the most interesting person I know. It's true!  Our walks are generally about him talking, and me listening.  


Spring is here: the yellow tulips in my flower beds are bright and lovely, my bleeding hearts are in bloom, and the crabapple is coming along.  Finn doesn't really ever use the swing anymore; for years, he would swing and swing, and forbade me to cut any branches back from the tree, because "I like to swing up into the flowers." 

It's such a gift and privilege to watch a child grow. I love our walks--I love just listening, happy to see my child so engaged in life, happy to see him in his spring.  

The world changes, but it is still beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying your many posts lately.
    You are proof positive that no matter what, we need to keep on living our lives, we to keep on keeping on.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you say that, Jo! Yes. Keep on keeping on...:)

      Delete