Saturday, April 2, 2022

Performance Week

Our household has weathered another Ballet Performance Week.  It's the third I've got under my belt, and I'm starting to figure it out.  Things like always have fast and easy lunch supplies on hand and do not plan anything else for performance week, EVER and no matter what Annie says, she will need a pair of #18 pink Capezio tights. 

This was a much easier week than Nutcracker week, which is epic in its intensity.  This was a relatively mild commitment.  But it was still a commitment!

 In the meantime, I finished knitting a hat and started sewing a skirt.  I'm working on a blue linen Easter skirt for me with a coordinating one for Annie; mine, which has six gores, comes first. Annie's will be a lot simpler to sew.   I've had the linen for years! I am so pleased to finally be using it. 

Yesterday I picked up two other dancers, took the girls to the performance venue, volunteered at the check-in desk, French braided a dancer's hair, watched the show with Finn, helped with check-out, took the other two dancers home, picked up takeout from a local restaurant, met my sister (and her new-ish German Shepherd!) back here at the house for lunch, hung out and played outside with the dog, said bye to my sister, baked a cake, made dinner, hosted dinner guests, and cleaned everything up. 

So today I treated myself to a long walk with Finn in the cold sunshine and an hour of knitting during rehearsals.

(For the next performance...!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment