Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Mornings These Days

 I have noticed that the older I get (I will be 45 this year!), the more sleep I need.  My body has gotten to the point of absolutely refusing to wake up if I've not had at least seven hours of sleep...but, really, eight or nine hours are the norm. Gone are the days of my early twenties when I would power through an entire day of law school on 5 hours of sleep. Gone are the days in my early thirties when I'd stay up until 2am to get some "alone time," and still wake with a toddler in the morning. Never. Again. I will sleep through any number of alarms if my body isn't yet rested. It's both amazing and infuriating, but I just defer to my need for sleep.  I'd rather be rested and happy and wake later than cranky and sleepy and up before dawn!

If I get to bed early enough, I can still watch the sun rise. 

{April 1}

But if I don't, then I wake and make my coffee when the sun is already slanting over the valley. 

{April 6}

Both cases are beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment